Sweeping up your dog’s hair with a regular broom is both easy and difficult at the same time. It makes dust and dog hair fly all over while you sweep and before too long, you end up giving up because it takes ages to finish it.
Then what is the solution? The solution is to use a dog hair broom. The best broom for dog hair makes it easy and effortless to lift and collect dog hair. Here’re the top 5 best brooms for dog hair and my reviews on each one.
The 5 Best Broom for Dog Hair
1 Best All-Around Dog Broom Hair: Evriholder FURemover Dog Hair Broom
- Innovative & versatile cleaning tool: carpets, rugs, tile, windows and more – the FURemover Broom gets your surfaces cleaner.
- Fur Remover: the 100% natural rubber attracts pet hair like a magnet to easily remove fur from carpets, rugs, hardwood, and linoleum like regular brooms can never do.
The Evriholder FURemover dog hair broom has been in the market for over eight years, and in my opinion, is the best broom for dog hair. The head of the broom is made of natural rubber with soft rubber bristles on one side and a built-in 12-inch rubber squeegee on the other.
With each stroke made, the natural rubber head builds up a static charge and become a magnet that keeps dog hair from flying away as you sweep. Furthermore, the bristle design forms a solid wall that keeps even the smallest stands of hair from being left behind.
The rubber bristles can be used to clean up dog hair in any surfaces in your home (carpets, rugs, hardwood, and linoleum). Meanwhile, the squeegee side is meant to pick up dog hair on upholstered furniture, windows, windshields, or any other places that the bristles may have missed.
The handle is long and ergonomics. The pole can be extended from 30 inches to 60 inches, so neither do you need to bend down to reach under the furniture nor do you need to get a ladder to sweep the ceiling.
Most dog parents who used this broom found that using the rubber blade is much more useful than using the rubber bristles.
2. Best Broom for Dog Hair on Hardwood Floors: Pet Buddies Pet Hair Broom
- Removes pet hair from everywhere: vinyl, hardwood, carpet, cement and tile.
- Telescoping handle extends from 29 to 51"."
Most dog owners who purchased Pet Buddies pet hair broom said that this broom works particularly well on hard floorings such as hardwood and granite floors.
This broom is made of a special type of rubber called thermoplastic rubber (TPR), which gives it a longer lifespan than most other brooms. The rubber creates an electrostatic charge that pulls pet hair and fine particles.
Customers liked how the pet hair does not actually stick to the broom. You can quickly gather piles of pet hair in several sweeps and then brush the hair into a dustpan without having to pull it off the broom.
The head is detachable; you can clean it easily by washing it with soap and water, or run it through the dishwater.
To make cleaning even easier, the broom comes with a telescopic handle that extends from 29 inches to 51 inches.
3. Best Broom for Dog Hair on Tile Floors: Fur Buster Rubber Broom
- SUPERIOR VERSATILE CLEANING TOOL – Carpets, rugs, tile, windows and more – Foxtrot Living’s adjustable rubber broom with built squeegee gets your surfaces cleaner with less time and effort. Indoor – Outdoor – Wet – Dry – Hard to Reach – Tight Space- Daily Use – it’s the quicker cleaner picker upper.
- PET HAIR REMOVER –Hundreds of rubber bristles easily remove pet hair from carpets and rugs like regular brooms can never do. Gently works to lift dust, dirt, lint, and pet hair from those high traffic areas that your four-legged friends frequent.
The Fur Buster rubber broom works great on tile floors, carpets, and rugs. This broom has hundreds of rubber bristles on one side and built-in squeegee edge on the other.
Most customers who purchased this broom said this broom had made a big difference in sweeping up pet hair. It gathers up pet hair, dirt, stuffing, shredded cardboard, tissue, and junk in a few quick sweeps.
And the squeegee is also great for spills and scrubbing. The handle comes at a length of 30 inches and can be extended up to 50 inches.
The broom is easy to clean. Just rinse it with tap water when grimy, and it dries quickly.
4. Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom
- Multi-surface adjustable bristles clean bare floors and low pile rugs
- Rubber bristles attract pet hair
The Bissell pet hair broom has a set of retractable rubber bristles in the middle of the nylon fibers that trap pet hair into clumps. The combination of the two makes cleaning a breeze.
You can extend the rubber bristles by twisting the knob at the bottom of the handle to clean your pet fur. Or you can retract the bristles to use it as a regular broom to sweep up dust, lint, and crumbs.
Dog parents who purchased this broom found it effortless to clean every area in their house with this single broom.
Use the rubber bristles to sweep wide, open areas. And when you come across to the corner, switch the broom to the nylon fibers to sweep your dog’s hair away from these areas. Then turn back to the rubber bristles to collect the hair.
5. LandHope Push Broom
- Effortlessly Sweep - Rubber Bristles easily gather up dust, hair, paper scrapes on floors and carpets, increasing 50% efficiency than a normal broom. Ash or pet hair won't be blown in the air during sweeping.
- Pet Hair Remove - Best to remove pet hair from carpets and rugs. Soft bristles gently scrape down and ball the hair from carpets, easily gather hair on the carpets that a vacuum couldn't reach.
The LandHope push broom is the lightest out of all dog hair brooms in this list. This broom has soft rubber bristles head and is recommended for removing pet hair from carpets and rugs.
The broom comes with a built-in squeegee edge as well. You can use the squeegee not only for cleaning windows or door but also for an outdoor area like a garden, balcony, or garage.
The handle is long and adjustable, with an extendable length of 31.5 inches to 54 inches. This broom is rinsed well with water and dried quickly.
Other Dog Hair Brooms Worth to Try
6. Gandi Groom Carpet Rake
- LIFTS PET HAIR: Simultaneously loosen and lift deeply embedded soil particles and pet hair for efficient extraction and cleaning.
- 18-INCH HEAD: The Extra wide (18 inch) head covers large areas quickly so less time in required to finish a room.
The Gandi Groom carpet rake is excellent for cleaning off pet hair from high pile carpets that brooms or even vacuums might not be able to reach.
Dog owners who purchased this rake said that this broom was easy to use and they were able to collect a decent clump of pet hair and lots of dust quickly.
To get optimum results, plunge the teeth of the rake deep into your carpet and drag it toward you, then finish up with a quick vacuum and your carpet will look brand new again.
7. RAVMAG Rubber Broom & Squeegee
- INCREDIBLE CLEANING TOOL: Ravmag’s large rubber broom will get your floors cleaner than ever with less time and less effort to do it. The versatile broom sweeps wet and dry surfaces and can be used indoors and outdoors with the same great results.
- WATER-RESISTANT NATURAL RUBBER BRISTLES: Made from natural rubber which requires little maintenance for short and long-term use. The rubber is easy to clean, won’t lose shape, and will last for years.
This broom features a unique combination of natural rubber bristles head and a 13 inches rubber squeegee. The rubber bristles are water-resistant, and the squeegee has great absorption power.
This unique combination allows you to use the broom for multi-purpose.
Most customers used this broom for sweeping pet hair and then after sweeping, they wrapped a damp cloth around the bottom and used it as a damp mop.
This broom is well-made and durable. The rubber is made with TPR, and the handle is made of 55″ sturdy steel.
8. TreeLen Dust Pan and Broom
- Upgrade Broom and Dustpan Measures Over 52"overall tall by 10" width,Lobby Broom steel handle is 52" long, Lobby Dust Pan steel handle is 38.5" long offer stand up Cleans.(BE AWARE !!if Any concern you have,Please Contact us through Our store front page"Ask a Question" with your order ID)
- Broom and dust pan Snaps together for easy stand-up storage, save your space and easy for moving.
The TreeLen’s broom is a quality broom dustpan set. This set comes with a 52-inch broom that is made from dense but flexible nylon bristles head and metal handle, and an upright dustpan that is made of high-quality plastic.
The dustpan has an angled rubber liner in front that allows you to sweep even the smallest particles. It has sturdy teeth at the top of the dustpan so that you can remove hair or dust from the bristles with ease.
And last, the set clips together so you can store it compactly together.
9. Gloyy Pet Hair Broom
- Pet Hair Remove- You can use this to clean dog hair from your large throw rug that your dog lays on. It is fantastic for picking up the dog hair.
- Effortlessly Sweep- It worked nicely on the flat open areas，soft enough not to scratch the windows, and it electrostatically attract dust and pet hair! Collects dirt, paper, or whatever is on the ground with easy and the brush is easy to clean.
The Gloyy pet hair broom features one long handle brush broom and one additional small brush. Dog owners who used this broom said it is perfect for cleaning pet hair off of hardwood and tile floors, and carpets, while the small brush is great for cleaning the sofa.
The broom comes with an extendable pole that extends from 30 inches to 60 inches.
What Is A Dog Hair Broom and Why You Should Use One?
What makes a dog hair broom different than a traditional broom is the head of the broom. The head of the dog hair broom is made of rubber bristles, while the head of the traditional broom is often made from nylon fibers.
These rubber bristles create an electrostatic charge that attracts hair and other fine particles as you sweep and does not make them float back into the air as traditional brooms do.
If you are a dog owner, you should consider using this dog hair broom to clean your dog’s hair because it does make your job a lot easier and faster. You can do a quick sweep several minutes before going to work.
In most cases, using dog hair broom to remove pet hair can be better than using a vacuum.
What You Should Consider When Choosing The Best Broom for Dog Hair
Here are a few things that you may want to consider when choosing the best dog hair broom:
Ease of Use
The best dog hair broom should be able to collect pet hair, debris, dust, and other fine particles with ease. It should be easy to use and should be able to clean surfaces in one sweep.
The best broom collects pet hair and dirt into one neat pile which you should be able to dispose of easily.
All dog hair brooms are made of rubber bristles due to the electrostatic effects that they produce. However, not all rubber bristles are created equal.
The rubber bristles of the best dog hair broom should be sturdy and yet soft enough, so they do not leave scratches or dull the finish of your floor.
Easy to Clean
The best broom should be easy to clean. All the brooms that I’ve been reviewed can be rinsed with tap water, or cleaned with soap and water or in your dishwater.
How Wide is The Broom Head?
If you need to clean a wide area, you may want to choose a broom with a wide head. Most brooms in the list above are suitable for average home use.
Does Your Dog Shed a Lot?
If your dog sheds a lot and has fine hair, you may want to choose a broom with soft and small bristles that won’t leave the finer particles behind.
The best broom for dog hair should come with a telescopic handle so you can clean hard to reach places without having to bend or using a ladder.
Indoor or Outdoor
If you need to clean the outdoors area as well, you may want to go with a broom that can be used both for indoors and outdoors.