If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best dog frisbee is, then we recommend the Hyperflite Frisbee Disc as the best one.
Is your dog a pro Frisbee player who will jump and chase that flying disc relentlessly for hours? Then you might want to support his hobby by getting him a better quality, durable dog frisbee – the ones that won’t easily break apart under the pressure of strong jaws.
This durable dog frisbee is a must-have toy, especially, if you have strong chewer dogs such as Pit Bull or German Shepherd. Believe me, there is nothing more frustrating than seeing a new-bought frisbee being destroyed right in the middle of the game.
Our Top Picks for The Best Dog Frisbees
- Hyperflite Jawz Competition Dog Disc – Best Overall
- West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Dog Frisbee – Runner Up
- KONG – Flyer
- Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper
- Chuckit Paraflight Flyer
Best Dog Frisbee Reviews
1. Hyperflite Jawz Competition Dog Disc
The Hyperflite Jawz Ultra Tough Puncture Resistance Disc is an award-winning dog frisbee and my top pick for the best durable dog frisbee.
This puncture-resistant dog frisbee which is made of high-tech polymers and designed with state-of-the-art aerodynamics and patented gripping surface is used in all frisbee competitions all around the world.
To throw it perfectly, you need to put some practice but after you master it, it can cover very long distances making a very straight arc. It offers a striking balance between a hard, plastic disc and a floppy, rubbery disc which is a perfect disc for a professional competition.
The downside is that it is heavier compared with other, standard dog frisbees.
- State-of-the-art aerodynamics design makes this frisbee covers a long distance when thrown correctly
- Made of high-quality polymers for ultimate durability
- It’s designed slightly narrower than many other dog frisbees so it is easier for dogs to catch
- With enough practice, you can make excellent long throws. It is capable of record-setting distance throws
- Not a toy for chewing
- You need to put some practice before you can make a full throw
2. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Dog Frisbee
The West Paw Zogoflex Zics Tough Playing Disc offers a striking balance between durability and design.
An excellent frisbee made of high-quality, durable material, you can toss it around with ease, and it will cover a good length of distance making a good arc so your dog can easily jump and catch it. It is lightweight, fly well, and floatable.
Even if you want to play frisbee game with your dog in snow, grass, and water, you can play with ease because it has bright, easy-to-spot color so you can spot it easily if it falls in snow or grass. You can also fetch it easily if it falls on the water since it can float well on water.
- It is made of unique soft plastic material that will never hurt your dog
- Much more durable than other dog frisbee discs available in the market
- Flies well and making a good arc
- Floats in water
- A one-time replacement policy
- It is not a toy for chewing, never leave it alone with your dog
3. KONG – Flyer
Over the years, Kong has become a trusted name in the field of durable dog toys.
The Kong Flyer Dog Toys is a frisbee made of a high-quality non-toxic rubber material that is thick but flexible and durable. The soft rubber construction means you can rest assure the disc won’t damage your dog’s teeth and gums.
Even though the weight is higher than other dog frisbees but when thrown correctly, it can fly well and cover a very long distance. It flies well even when the wind speed is very high.
The design is quite simple with two available colors: the traditional Kong Red and Black. Personally, I think they can do better with the design.
- It is a perfect cross between durability and gentleness
- It holds up well against rough handling and yet it makes for a soft catch
- Made with high-quality durable material that squishes rather than breaks when chomped
- It flies well even when the wind speed is very high if thrown correctly
- Grooves around the edge provide an easy grip for the thrower
- It is quite heavy for some dogs to handle
- It cannot float on water
- You need to put some power to throw it
4. Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper
The Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper is an interactive dog frisbee made of soft rubber and durable nylon which makes this disc comfortable enough for your dog to catch but strong enough to withstand your dog’s bite.
It flies well and designed to descend during flight gradually. This frisbee is very soft it will not damage your dog’s teeth and gums at all. It floats on the water so you don’t need to worry you will lose it if it goes into a lake.
- It is made for comfort and sturdiness
- It flies well making a good arc
- Has been tested and complies with the children’s toy standard
- Floats in water
- Not for chewing
- To make a long arc, you need to throw it with more control and power
5. Chuckit Paraflight Flyer
The Chuckit Paraflight Flyer is an innovative aerodynamically designed frisbee that flies well for long-distance and tends to hover a bit longer at flight’s end so your dog can quickly snatch it in the air before it touches the ground.
It is designed with raised sides and a smooth rubber edge for safety and softness on your dog’s teeth and gum. It is also a perfect toy to carry in your travel bag since it can be folded easily.
This frisbee has bright colors and glows in the dark for fetching games in the early morning or in the evening.
- Made of a durable, multi layer nylon construction for durability
- It is soft enough for your dog’s teeth and mouth
- It flies well on a good distance and descent gradually at flight’s end for easy snatching
- It glows in the dark
- Can be torn apart easily compared with other dog frisbees in this review
Soft Dog Frisbee vs Hard Dog Frisbee
Soft dog frisbees are softer than the regular frisbees that you usually use to play. Because they are made from softer materials and fabrics such as semi-rigid rubbers, plastics or nylon, they can be bent easily.
If this is the first time your dog plays frisbee, you should use this soft dog frisbees as they won’t be able to hurt your dog in any way since they are so light. These soft dog frisbees are also often brought if you travel with your dog since they are easy to carry and can be folded easily on your bag.
Meanwhile, hard dog frisbees, tough a bit more pricey, are an excellent choice for seasoned dog players with strong jaws who have mastered the frisbee game since they allow for a more complex level of training and gameplay.
What To Look For When Buying a Dog Frisbee?
When you are looking to buy durable dog frisbee for your dog, the first thing that you should look for is the material it is made of. The material should be soft enough for your dog’s mouth but flies well and making a good arc but strong enough so your dog won’t be able to snap it easily in half.
Dog frisbee is made from different materials than the regular frisbees that you usually toss around the beach with your buddies and you should never use the regular frisbees in any circumstance or you could run the risk of hurting your dog’s mouth.
Another thing to look for is the aerodynamic design. The aerodynamic design is what makes the frisbee flies well in the air making a good arc.
And remember, durable dog frisbee doesn’t mean the frisbee is indestructible. You should never leave it alone with your dog after the playing session is over if you want it to last longer.
Let’s take a look at what characteristics make an excellent frisbee:
- An excellent frisbee should be easy to throw and fly well.
- Your dog should be able to catch the frisbee comfortably and easily without worrying the frisbee will damage his teeth and gums.
- The frisbee should be made of material strong enough to withstand the wear and tear made by you or your pet.
- The frisbee should be soft and flexible.
- It should weight up to 120 grams but not more than 200 grams.