Is your dog a pro Frisbee player who will jump and chase that flying disc relentlessly for hours? Then you might want to support his hobby by getting him a better quality, durable dog frisbee – the ones that won’t easily break apart under the pressure of strong jaws.
This durable dog frisbee is a must-have toy, especially, if you have strong chewer dogs such as Pit Bull or German Shepherd. Believe me, there is nothing more frustrating than seeing a new-bought frisbee being destroyed right in the middle of the game.
In this article, we are going to review the best 5 durable dog frisbees available in the market. But before that let’s find out the difference between two types of dog frisbee: soft dog frisbee and hard dog frisbee and what makes each of them important.
Best Durable Dog Frisbee – a Quick List
In a hurry? Take a look at this list of the durable dog frisbee.
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Soft Dog Frisbee vs Hard Dog Frisbee
Soft dog frisbees are softer than the regular frisbees that you usually use to play. Because they are made from softer materials and fabrics such as semi-rigid rubbers, plastics or nylon, they can be bent easily.
If this is the first time your dog plays frisbee, you should use this soft dog frisbees as they won’t be able to hurt your dog in any way since they are so light. These soft dog frisbees are also often brought if you travel with your dog since they are easy to carry and can be folded easily on your bag.
Meanwhile, hard dog frisbees, tough a bit more pricey, are an excellent choice for seasoned dog players with strong jaws who have mastered the frisbee game since they allow for a more complex level of training and gameplay.
What to Look For Before Buying Durable Dog Frisbee for Your Dog?
When you are looking to buy durable dog frisbee for your dog, the first thing that you should look for is the material it is made of. The material should be soft enough for your dog’s mouth but flies well and making a good arc but strong enough so your dog won’t be able to snap it easily in half.
Dog frisbee is made from different materials than the regular frisbees that you usually toss around the beach with your buddies and you should never use the regular frisbees in any circumstance or you could run the risk of hurting your dog’s mouth.
Another thing to look for is the aerodynamic design. The aerodynamic design is what makes the frisbee flies well in the air making a good arc.
Another thing to remember, because the frisbee is named durable dog frisbee doesn’t mean it is indestructible. You should never leave it alone with your dog after the playing session is over if you want it to last longer.
Let’s take a look at what characteristics make an excellent frisbee:
- An excellent frisbee should be easy to throw and fly well.
- Your dog should be able to catch the frisbee comfortably and easily without worrying the frisbee will damage his teeth and gums.
- The frisbee should be made of material strong enough to withstand the wear and tear made by you or your pet.
- The frisbee should be soft and flexible.
- It should weight up to 120 grams but not more than 200 grams.
The Best Durable Dog Frisbee – Top Picks and Reviews
1. Hyperflite – Jawz Ultra-Tough, Puncture Resistance Disc
- World's toughest canine competition disc
- Patented duel grip
Hyperflite Jawz Ultra Tough Puncture Resistance Disc is an award-winning dog frisbee and my top pick for the best durable dog frisbee. This puncture resistant dog frisbee which is made of high-tech polymers and designed with state-of-the-art aerodynamics and patented gripping surface is used in all frisbee competitions all around the world.
To throw it perfectly, you need to put some practice but after you master it, it can cover very long distance making a very straight arc. It offers a striking balance between a hard, plastic disc and a floppy, rubbery disc which is a perfect disc for professional competition.
The downside is that it is heavier compared with other, standard dog frisbees.
2. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Tough Playing Disc
- High-flying-fun frisbee that is perfect for fetch and floatable - Available in 6.5-Inch and 8.5-Inch
- Soft on dogs' mouths but flies like a hard plastic frisbee
West Paw Zogoflex Zics Tough Playing Disc offers a striking balance between durability and design. An excellent frisbee made of high-quality, durable material, you can toss it around with ease, and it will cover a good length of distance making a good arc so your dog can easily jump and catch it. It is lightweight, fly well, and floatable.
Even if you want to play frisbee game with your dog in snow, grass, and water, you can play with ease because it has bright, easy-to-spot color so you can spot it easily if it falls in snow or grass. You can also fetch it easily if it falls on water since it can float well on water.
3. Kong Flyer Dog Toy
- Durable KONG Rubber makes for a softer, safer catch during fetching
- Supports healthy exercise and instinct to play
Over the years, Kong has become a trusted name in the field of durable dog toy. Kong Flyer Dog Toys is a frisbee made of a high-quality non-toxic rubber material which is thick but flexible and durable. The soft rubber construction means you can rest assure the disc won’t damage your dog’s teeth and gums.
Even though the weight is higher than other dog frisbees but when thrown correctly, it can fly well and cover a very long distance. It flies well even when the wind speed is very high.
The design is quite simple with two available colors: the traditional Kong Red and Black. Personally, I think they can do better with the design.
4. Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper
- ALL-SEASON INTERACTIVE DOG TOYS: Designed for a high-flying game of fetch with your dog in the water, grass, or snow. This dog frisbee is the perfect solution for fitness, exercise, and training
- DURABLE DESIGN AND SAFE ON TEETH: This frisbee for dogs features a durable, multilayer nylon construction which is safe on your dog’s teeth and designed for long-lasting outdoor use
Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper is an interactive dog frisbee made of soft rubber and durable nylon which make this disc comfortable enough for your dog to catch but strong enough to withstand your dog’s bite.
It flies well and designed to descend during flight gradually. This frisbee is very soft it will not damage your dog’s teeth and gums at all. It floats on the water so you don’t need to worry you will lose it if it goes into a lake.
5. Chuckit! Paraflight Dog Toy
- AERODYNAMIC FRISBEE: Ideal frisbee for dogs for high-flying games of fetch, designed for long-distance flight. The Paraflight fetch toy floats in water - great for playing at the pool or lake.
- DURABLE DESIGN: The large dog frisbee features a multilayer nylon interior & soft rubber edges that's gentle on puppy's gums & teeth. Frisbee gradually descends for jumping & catching mid flight.
Chuckit! Paraflight Dog Toy is an innovative aerodynamically designed frisbee that flies well for long distance and tends to hover a bit longer at flight’s end so your dog can quickly snatch it in the air before it touches the ground.
It is designed with raised sides and a smooth rubber edge for safety and softness on your dog’s teeth and gum. It is also a perfect toy to carry in your travel bag since it can be folded easily.
This frisbee has bright colors and glows in the dark for fetching game in the early morning or in the evening.