Every puppy on the planet loves to chew anything and everything when they get an opportunity to do so – but no breed of dog loves to chew quite as aggressively or as wholeheartedly as Pitbulls do.
With powerful jaws, even just a few weeks after being born, and ridiculously strong muscles throughout their neck and chest Pitbull puppies are able to put quite a bit of force behind their playtime. You want to make sure that you are getting your hands on the best chew toys for Pitbull puppies, toys that have been specifically designed for these dogs to enjoy.
Best Chew Toys for Pitbull Puppies – A Quick List
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
That usually ends up being a bit of a taller task than most people figure right out of the gate.
First of all, most toys for puppies are soft, plush, and made of fabric. Those are EXACTLY the kinds of toys that Pitbull puppies are going to tear into tiny little pieces almost immediately.
Secondly, most toys for puppies are incredibly small and pose a real health risk for puppies that are able to tear apart the toy into smaller chunks.
Finally, the overwhelming majority of toys for puppies out there just aren’t designed to withstand the day to day abuse and rigors that Pitbull puppies are going to put toys almost every waking moment of every single day.
By arming yourself with the inside information we highlight below, however, you’ll have no trouble whatsoever getting your hands best chew toys for pitbull puppies!
Let’s dive right in.
Search for Toys Designed for “Power Chewers”
As we highlighted above, every puppy (and most dogs, for that matter) love chewing on toys when they get a chance – but love chewing quite as much as Pitbulls do, especially when they are puppies.
This instinct is hardwired into their brain, likely from their wolf ancestors that chewed on bones to get as much nourishment as possible for dogs were domesticated.
Pitbulls, however, take things to entirely new levels when it comes time to chew on a toy.
With ultra-strong jaw muscle, plenty of energy, and the kind of force that only this breed of dog can generate when they really get going, it would be impossible to classify Pitbull puppies as anything other than power chewers.
Power chewers aren’t just going to nip and bite when they are playing with a toy, but are instead going to set that toy against their back teeth and start grinding away while ripping and pulling at the same time.
Pitbull puppies really get their able body into the swing of things. They are so strong and so powerful (even when they are pretty young), and once they get going they can turn some of the strongest toys into dust in no time at all.
This is why you have to be certain that you are purchasing toys specifically designed for power chewers.
You want a toy that’s going to maintain its shape, you want a toy that isn’t going to fracture, and you want a toy that isn’t going to splinter apart and pose a health risk for your animal moving forward.
Avoid cloth toys
This should go without saying, but as a general rule, you want to stay away from toys that your dog can effortlessly turn into shreds – and that means almost all of the cloth that is available for puppies today.
There are some textile fabrics out there that feature Kevlar and similar materials, ripstop materials, that will provide a lot of strength and durability to pitbull friendly toys. These are an okay toy to give your puppies, but if you’re just talking about those flimsy cotton or jersey toys you can pick up at the pet store your best looking in a different direction.
Focus On The Size You’re Giving your Pitbull Puppies
The other thing you really want to focus when searching for the best chew toys for Pitbull puppies is the size of the actual toys you are letting your dog play with.
Even Pitbull puppies are going to have pretty wide, and that’s going to allow them to apply a lot more leverage and a lot more torque on the toys that they are playing with. You want to be sure that you aren’t giving your dog a toy that is too small to safely play with, but you also want to be sure that you’re not giving your dog a toy that’s going to fracture or damage they are still developing smile.
Tennis balls are about the perfect size for pitbull puppies, so use that as a reference guide when you are shopping the best chew toys for these kinds of dogs. Anything around that size should do well for Pitbull puppies up to about eight months of age or so, and then you want to start looking into slightly larger and more durable puppy toys for your Pitbull to play with!
Best Chew Toys for Pitbull Puppies
1. KONG Puppy Ball w/Hole for Dogs
- TEACH FETCH: The extreme bouncy rubber makes this ball a great choice for teaching your puppy fun games of fetch with lots of interactive play and exercise.
- DURABILITY: The natural KONG Puppy rubber formula is created to be durable for teething puppies while soothing gums.
The KONG Puppy Ball (link to Amazon) is our recommendation for the best chew toys for Pitbull Puppies. The ball is made of a high quality, durable, rubber material that can withstand your puppy’s strong chew. Not only strong and durable, this ball is also extremely bouncy, making playtime even more fun perfect for teaching fetch and chew!
You don’t need to worry about your puppy’s teeth as the ball is made with Patented Denta-Ridges which help to clean the teeth and soft puppy rubber formula to soothe your puppy’s gum.
There is a hole in the middle of the ball which you can fill with plenty of treats such as KONG Stuff’N Easy Treat paste, KONG snacks, and KONG Ziggies puppy. Beyond KONG treats, there are plenty of other non-KONG treats that you can use as well.
2. Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone
- Long lasting chew toy challenges even the most aggressive chewers
- Tough, durable nylon bone keeps powerful chewers busy
There are so many brands in the market claim to be for extreme chewers, and to our disappointment, there are not many toys that can last for 24 hours against our Pitbull puppies. Nylabone is one of those rare brands that can truly meet our expectation.
The Nylabone Dura Chew Wishbone (link to Amazon) is even better because it is ten times stronger than the regular Nylabone. It may be slightly bigger for Pitbull puppies age 4-5 months old but we like to get bigger bones since it lasts much longer and it’s easy to supervise their chewing. We don’t want our puppies getting a choke on little pieces.
This toy is designed with bristles that raised when your dog chew it which helps to clean teeth and control plaque and tartar. Your puppies can chomp the same one for months. It is also easy to wash.
3. Indestructible Dog Ball by Monster K9 Dog Toys
- VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE - our unique rubber formula is made from the toughest, industrial strength natural rubber; heavy duty shock absorbing design; puncture resistant and virtually indestructible for even the strongest, most aggressive chewers! With a LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE, feel free to put it to the test!
- AGGRESSIVE CHEWER APPROVED - this industrial strength natural rubber ball has been tested and approved by German Shepherds, Pitbulls, Mastiffs and many other aggressive chewers
The Indestructible Dog Ball by Monster K9 Dog Toys (link to Amazon) is made of the toughest natural rubber that has been tested to last on the most aggressive chewers such as German Shepherds, Pitbulls, and Mastiffs.
The manufacturer even offers a lifetime money back guarantee, The manufacturer even offers a lifetime money back guarantee, if your puppy somehow manages to tear it apart you can ask for your money back no question asked.
It’s 100% safe and non-toxic since the ball is made from natural rubber, not the chemical one. We tested it on our friend’s Pitbull puppy that is notorious for destroying any dog toy within 5 minutes to an hour and this toy had lasted for almost a month. If your puppy is a really strong chewer, you may see some nothing more than indents or tiny poke holes from their teeth in the first few hours.
The toy is about the size of a tennis ball and it is great to play fetch.
4. KONG Puppy Durable Rubber Chew and Treat Toy
- APPROPRIATE CHEWING: The KONG Puppy soft rubber formula is customized for a growing puppy's baby teeth and gums. This gentle, but long lasting toy helps satisfy instinctual needs and provides mental stimulation. By encouraging healthy play and satisfying instinctual needs, this toy helps solve chewing, separation anxiety, teething, boredom, weight management, crate training, digging, barking and more!
- FETCH TOY: The KONG Puppy's unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and other interactive play with your pet.
The KONG Puppy Durable Rubber Chew and Treat Toy (link to Amazon) is one of the best selling chew dog toys for puppies today. It teaches your Pitbull puppies the correct chewing behavior. This toy is great for teaching your puppies as well as stimulating your pup’s brain and body.
Just like the other KONG’s products this toy also has a feature to stuff treats inside for stuffing treats to keep your puppy busy. You can stuff anything that you want such as peanut butter, kibble, cheddar cheese, shredded chicken, and more.
It’s made with KONG’s exclusive teething rubber formula designed to meet the needs of your puppy’s baby teeth. Recommended by Vets, trainers, and behavior experts worldwide.
5. Ultra Durable Chew Toy by Monster K9 Dog Toys
- VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE - Made from a unique rubber formula that compares to the strongest rubber compounds on Earth; made from the toughest, industrial strength natural rubber; solid, heavy-duty design; puncture resistant and virtually indestructible for even the strongest, most aggressive chewers With a LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE, feel free to put it to the test!
- AGGRESSIVE CHEWER APPROVED - this industrial strength natural rubber chew toy has been tested and approved by thousands of German Shepherds, Pitbulls, Mastiffs, Labs and many other aggressive chewers. And it has the reviews to back it up.
Monster K9 Dog Toys makes great indestructible dog toys that have been survived the test on aggressive chewers like Pitbulls and German Shepherds. Thus far, they have launched four products; all are available on Amazon.
This Monster K9’s Ultra Durable Chew Toy (link to Amazon) is made from the toughest, industrial-strength natural rubber with a shock-absorbing design that protects the toy from being shredded. The rubber is non-toxic, so you don’t need to worry about toxicity.
It measures 6.5 inches in diameter and 1.25 inches in thickness, which is enough size for medium to large dogs to play with.
Wrapping It Up
One thing that you must remember before going into a quest of finding the best chew toys for Pitbull puppies is the toy must be strong enough to last against your puppy’s strong jaws and not many dog toys in the market are that strong.
In this article, we have recommended 5 chew toys which we consider the best chew toys for Pitbull puppies. We hope you will find the best one from our recommendation list according to your personal taste and purpose.